Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Coincidence?

Let me say up front that up till now I have not been a huge believer in people being able to predict the future. I have used Tarot cards in the past. When I use Tarot cards, I am not trying to predict the future. I use them to reflect on things that are going on in my life.

But at this past Ren. Fest. I bought a set of Ogham runes. I thought the were cool and another way to reflect. I took them home, looked them over, and read the little book that came with them. But I did not draw an individual one that day.

So about 2 weeks ago I finally decided to do some reflection with the tiles. I sat down, tried to do a little mediation (still working on that), and then drew a tile. I only drew one, and it was the "Straif"/"draigen"/  blackthorn rune. This rune is often associated with death and in the book I had it mentioned about preparing and planning for death. At the time I thought that it was kinda weird that would be the first one I picked and decided to leave it at that.



Sadly, about a week later, my grandfather passed unexpectedly. He was a victim of a car accident. None of the family was prepared for this. Did the runes predict this? 

Part of me is thinking that this whole event was a coincidence. Another part is thinking it is too weird to be a coincidence. All I know is that I am going to be paying a lot more attention when I do a drawing.




1 comment:

  1. My condolences to you and your family.

    It's probably not coincidence. I think it was a message for you to know. I've been working with Tarot for sometime and now working on Mediumship. What I understand is that the tarot shows what path the Seeker is in at this time. This gives the Seeker the opportunity to say, No I don't like this path, I'm changing it. We do have free will. And times we can make some changes, but not good enough that the path leads to the same direction as cards have laid out. I don't work with Runes, but from my understanding, they pull much deeper meaning.

    ReplyDelete