Thursday, August 16, 2012

Spoken Prayers

I have pretty good at performing a morning and nightly prayer everyday for a bit more than a month now. It has become part of my everyday. And it is great. I had been saying them in my head. For some reason I felt shy about saying the aloud. Just this past week I gathered up my courage and started saying them out loud.

I found something that I had not expected.

I got butterflies in my stomach. I felt more of a connection. It felt more real. It is scary and wonderful all at the same time.

I wonder if that is something that others experience. Do other feel a difference speaking to the Divine out loud?

----
On a side note, I have made it to twenty posts. I wasn't sure I was going to make it this far. But having this blog has helped me figure somethings out. Here is to twenty more.(Hopefully a bit longer than this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment