Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ren. Fest. 2012

This weekend I went to the Georgia Renaissance Festival with one of my friends. I have to say, I am not sure how those people can stand to be in all those heavy clothes when it is so hot out. Very impressive.

I really love going to Renaissance Festival. It is a lot of fun going around a looking at all the booths and seeing all the different things people have made. You can tell the people that are really passionate about what they are doing. I love when the vendors will stop and talk to you about their items without actually trying to sell you something.

There are a few places that I am going to have to look into more, because the vendors were very friendly. Raven's Nest Herbals is one. One of the vendors spent at least 15 minutes talking with me about different oils and oil blends, while giving me different ones to smell until she came up with a scent she thought that I would like. Another lady spent sometime talking about different herbs.

I really liked the one lady that was working at the weaving demonstration. She was another one that stood there and talked to us while we tried to do some weaving. She was very patience with me when I kept messing up mine. When I figure out the name of the group I will have to post it.

Being at Ren. Fest. really made me want to do some art. Maybe I need to break out some clay and make something. I think that would be an interesting way to make a living, to travel around to different festivals. It would probably be a bit risking, not knowing if you art is going to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment