Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fighting Birds

So, I saw something really cool yesterday. I was sitting outside and heard some really loud squawking. I happened to look up at just the right moment. To my surprise, I saw a hawk being chased off a branch by two little birds. The two little birds flew after the hawk and chased it over the top of the house. I find it amazing that two little birds would take on a hawk that is twice their size. I am quite sure that if one of those birds were on its own, that hawk would have to trouble taking it down. I wonder if they were protecting chicks or something.

I suppose that for a moment we can get philosophical. This could be an illustration of being able to take on something bigger than yourself with the help of friends. Friends often seem to make us braver than we are alone. We are more willing to take on our troubles if there is someone by our side. Even if that person is only there to offer a shoulder to lean on or to give advice. Or is willing to fight off something that can rip you apart.

Anyway, I thought that I would share. Isn't nature awesome?

No comments:

Post a Comment