Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Weighing in on Health

In the last post I discussed my weight and health. In this post I would like to discuss something I would like to see both inside and outside the pagan community.

Over the past several months I have been reading books and watching documentaries about food and the food system in America. Honestly, I have been disgusted by the things that I have found.

-The way animals are treated before the are killed.
-The amount of food that comes from corn and soybeans and the amounts of these plants that are genetically modified.
-The chemicals that are put into processed food.
-The amount of people, especially in inner city areas that do not have access to fresh food.

Overall the message that comes from these sources is that our food system does not work and that what we are eating is making us sick.

So instead of worrying about how to deal with obesity in the pagan community (your body, you decide how to live), we should instead be thinking more about what we are eating. We should be encouraging people to make healthy choices about how they treat their body.

I don't care it you are heavy or thin, young or old, tall or short. What I care about is that you are healthy.

I would like to read posts that encourage people to live healthy.
I would like to see discussion on how we can help people who don't have access to fresh food.
I would like to hear people's opinions and ideas and feelings on healthy living.

I want to know if people even care.

I am not perfect. I am working on leading a healthier life because it is important to me. I want my body to be healthy in the same way I want my spirit to be healthy. I think that living a healthy lifestyle should be part of pagan life.

No comments:

Post a Comment