Thursday, July 12, 2012

N is for Losing Negativity


Unfortunately for me, as much as I would like to look on the bright side of everything, I am truly a pessimist. When ever a situation arises my mind tends to go to the worse possible outcome. I have even caught myself imagining situations and found myself worrying about the worse thing that could happen, no matter how unlikely it may be.

And that's a problem.

If you think negative thoughts that is what is going to come to you. And I would really like some positive things to happen in my life.

So I think that in the morning, I will think about all the good things that could happen to me that day. And at night, instead of focusing on what didn't happen or what went wrong, I will think about the positive things that happened.

That will probably take some getting use to. But I hope that over time, the good will outweigh the bad. Maybe I will become an optimist.

"What we focus on, we empower and enlarge. Good multiplies when focused upon. Negativity multiplies when focused upon. The choice is ours: Which do we want more of?"
-Julia Cameron






No comments:

Post a Comment