Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Little Vacation Victory

So I skipped this weeks Pagan Blog Project post since I was on vacation. I will have to come up with something really good for this coming week.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes going on vacation makes you more tired than you were before  you left? And here I though vacations were meant to be restful.

Anyway, the point of this post is to talk about something that I would like to consider a little victory for my pagan path. First though, a little background.

I spend a lot of time reading different people's blogs. There are some that I try to read everyday. One of them is Pantheon written by Star Foster over on Patheos.com. (By the way, the have a great group of bloggers over there. Check them out if you get a chance.) A few weeks ago, she had a posting called "Slacker Paganism". In the post, she talks about picking out five things you can do everyday in your practice. She talks about trying to do each one everyday, even if it is on the fly. Since I am really just starting to incorporate Paganism into my everyday life, I thought this would be a good way to get started. Instead of picking five things, I decided to start with three and build up. My three things were a morning prayer, meditation, and an evening prayer. Surprisingly, up until I left for vacation, I did all three everyday.

My little victory comes though on my vacation. While I didn't mediate (way too many people around to find a quiet spot), I was able to do a little prayer both in the morning and at night everyday. It takes me a long time to build up a routine, so the fact that I kept that part of my practice up is a little win for me. And it really makes me feel better and more connected to my path.

Thank goodness for little victories.


Websites:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/pantheon/2012/06/slacker-paganism/ - Star Foster "Slacker Paganism"
http://www.patheos.com/Pagan.html -Patheos Pagan Channel

1 comment: